Thursday, October 20, 2016

J. M. Tyree's "Vanishing Streets," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Vanishing Streets: Journeys in London by J. M. Tyree.

The entry begins:
As a writer, I blend personal and creative writing with my academic interest in cinema. In Vanishing Streets, I originally planned to write a series of essays about the Free Cinema movement of British documentary that flourished in London in the 1950s. But the book quickly spiraled out of control into a highly personal project that includes my autobiography and my photography as well as my notes on traveling to film-related and literary locations in London. As far as I wandered, I found my own experience was inescapable, and that I would need to write about my life, my marriage, and my friendships as well as my journeys if I wanted to be honest about my own research and writing process.

This is a roundabout way of saying...[read on]
Learn more about Vanishing Streets at the Stanford University Press website.

My Book, The Movie: Vanishing Streets.

--Marshal Zeringue