Sunday, January 01, 2017

What is Mary Miley reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Mary Miley, author of Renting Silence: A Roaring Twenties mystery.

Her entry begins:
The books I read for pleasure are different from the ones I read for work-related research. During the day, I’m generally reading nonfiction for work—not that that’s torture, mind you; I usually enjoy those books very much. But I’m also usually taking notes, so it feels like homework. After dinner, I go to bed early and read for fun, mostly historical mysteries. I probably average two novels a week.

In the past month, my bedtime reading has included The Shell Game by Sarah Shaber, a contemporary mystery set in North Carolina academia involving professors, archaeologists, and a PhD. candidate; Devil’s Cold Dish by Eleanor Kuhns, the fifth in her mystery series set in 1790s New England with an itinerant weaver who has a knack for solving murders; and...[read on]
About Renting Silence, from the publisher:
Can 1920's script girl Jessie do Mary Pickford's bidding and uncover a real killer?

Jessie is asked by Hollywood actress Mary Pickford if she can do some private investigating. A girl was found stabbed in her bedroom with her housemate lying unconscious next to her, a bloody knife in her hand. Jessie must hone her amateur detective skills and travel through twenties Hollywood to prove the girls innocence before she hangs.
Learn more about the book and author at Mary Miley's website, blog, and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: The Impersonator.

The Page 69 Test: Silent Murders.

My Book, The Movie: Silent Murders.

The Page 69 Test: Renting Silence.

Writers Read: Mary Miley.

--Marshal Zeringue