Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Nancy Peacock’s "The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson by Nancy Peacock.

The entry begins:
When my first novel was published, I chose all the actors for a movie that never happened. Those actors have aged out ten-fold now. Because of that I have a little fear that choosing actors for a movie made out of my book just might be a bit of jinx. Because of that belief I am working with a counter jinx by putting age and gender off the table as I cast the story.

For the main character, Persimmon Wilson, a freed slave who rides with the Comanche in 1800s Texas, I’d love to see young Denzel Washington. He has a range of depth and emotion that makes me believe this part was made for his younger self.

For the role of Chloe, a much-abused, light-skinned house slave, whom Persy is in love with, and ultimately rescues I’d cast...[read on]
Visit Nancy Peacock's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Life and Times of Persimmon Wilson.

--Marshal Zeringue