Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Keely Hutton's "Soldier Boy," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Soldier Boy by Keely Hutton.

The entry begins:
If I were asked to cast a movie adaptation of Soldier Boy, I would pick the following talented actors and actresses for the main roles.

These actors brought me to tears on a weekly basis during the first season of the TV show This Is Us. I have no doubt they could handle the emotionally heavy scenes in Soldier Boy with raw honesty.

Samuel - Lonnie Chavis –Young Randall in This Is Us.

Ricky - Niles Fitch – Teenage Randall in This Is Us.

Patrick - Jermel Nakia – Young William in This Is Us.

Okot (Ricky’s neighbor) - Ron Cephas Jones –Older William in This Is Us and Bobby in Luke Cage.

Otim - Sterling K Brown –Adult Randall in This Is Us. Otim demands an unrelenting intensity that Brown has proven he can deliver.

The Man - I loved Chadwick Boseman as Jackie Robinson in the movie 42 and as...[read on]
Visit Keely Hutton's website.

The Page 69 Test: Soldier Boy.

My Book, The Movie: Soldier Boy.

--Marshal Zeringue